1. The Public Grievance Organization was constituted as per the Government Order No.DPAR 21 AMC 83 dated July 1, 1983.
2. The main intention of the department is to receive public grievance petitions from the public and to send them to the concerned departments for taking necessary action.
3. Grievance petitions received from public through post, by e-mail, personally etc., are examined and after examination forwards the same to the concerned departments through e-janaspandana online system with the scanned copy of the original grievance petition and enclosures for immediate necessary action with intimation to the petitioner.
4. Grievance petitions forwarded by the Government of India are received in the Department of Personnel and Administrative Reforms (Janaspandana) through the Central Government’s public grievance portal, Centralised Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS). These petitions are transmitted to the concerned departments online for taking necessary action.
5. The Department is working as coordinating department for implementation of the Right to Information Act, 2005.
6. The Karnataka Information Commission was constituted on 5th August 2005 vide Notification No.DPAR 109 RTI 2005 dated 05.08.2005.
7. A High Level Committee under the Chairmanship of the Chief Secretary to Government was constituted to co-ordinate between the State Government and the Karnataka Information Commission to monitor the progress of implementation of the Right to Information Act, 2005 on 30.10.2008 vide Notifications No.DPAR 91 RTI 2008 (I) and (II) dated 30.10.2008 and 09.03.2009. Later on vide Government Order No.DPAR 102 RTI 2012 dated 07.08.2014, the Additional Chief Secretary to Government was designated as the Chairman of the High Level Committee.A State Level Committee under the Chairmanship of the Additional Chief Secretary to Government has been constituted to monitor the progress of implementation of sections 4(1)(a) and 4(1)(b) of the Right to Information Act, 2005 on 21.07.2012 vide Notification No. DPAR 44 RTI 2009 dated 21.07.2012.